CIAOOOOO!!!!! first off I miss everyone like CRAZY BUTTTTT Lisa, Lena and I had an AMAZING trip. We started off nice and early in the morning at Boston Airport and made our way to JFK to meet out prequel group for the flight to Roma. Not gonna lie the flight was horrible- longest thing ever a lovely 8 hour flight where I slept for about maybe 3 hours. We arrived in Roma and made our way to the gate to Athens. When we arrived in Athens we were immediatly on our way to our first site. Honestly I can't even remember all of the sites we saw- we legit saw EVERYTHING you name it we saw it. I can't even describe this trip it was incredible we made 25 new friends within two weeks and it made the whole process of coming to Florence that much easier- we had an advantage of knowing a ton of new people before we even came to the program. Sicily was by far my favorite part of the trip- maybe its just cause im so in love with italy but this city was beautiful. right on the ocean with cute little hill towns and we got to go to Mt. Etna and climb all the way up to the top in a huge van with wheels bigger then me. the views were incredible completly breath taking. Now we have finally arrived in Florence with 2 weeks worth of laundry and no idea where we are going to do it. The host familys only have washers, its very uncommon for italians to have driers becuase it is so expensive. We aren't sure whether to ask to do laundry or not- we were told not to however we need clean cloths- we are going to have to attempt to find a laundry mat somewhere. Right now we are all sitting around patiently waiting to meet our Host families- got the descriptions today Lisa and I are living with an older couple in campo di marte which is located near the soccer stadium and about 15 minutes away from campus. Speaking of campus- the SU campus in Florence is the most precious place ever- it consistes of about 4 small buildings that creat a very small quad like area- we would call it a piazza, I can't believe this is where I will be going to school here for the next 3 1/2 months. The past few weeks have been incredibly exausting and overwhelming but things are starting to fall into place and slow down a little bit. I'm really antsy to meet our host parents- nervous curious idk what else but still. Okay I'm going to get an apple to eat and then meeting them in 10 minutes!!! YIKES!
love and miss all of youuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!
Kristin, KB, Bersani
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment